Gas Prices

It's not the ridiculous high gas prices that gets me -- although it contributes a bit to my distaste for oil companies, oil corporations and just about the entire industry -- it's the constant ups and downs. Tonight, I drove 15-minutes to pick up my daughter from the subway, and along the way, I saw the gas price change at one station from 90.5 to 89.5. A one cent drop in 15-minutes. Other gas stations along my route had different prices. It also makes me cringe when I see the massive line-ups when there is a one cent drop. The psychology of the masses is truly amazing. If people had to fill up with 50-litres of gasoline, then a one-cent difference would amount to 50-cents out of their pockets. People sustain brutal line-ups, tempers flaring, to save fifty-cents! Don't you get it people? The gas bars are aware of you psychological dysfunction, and are playing you. Don't bother going in there and harassing the clerk -- which I've seen some people do -- they don't have control, and their minimum-wage-ass don't give a shit that you're pissed with the ups and downs. You have a problem with it? Protest the oil companies -- or better yet -- screw the oil companies. Take public transport, or get rid of your gas guzzler and opt for a hybrid. Hit them where it hurts.

End of rant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogs of Note

Civil disobedience is called for