Oxymoron

Today I dropped by the Indigo by my workplace, picking up a card. I went to the cash, and in front of me, was a woman with over $200 worth of magazines. I didn't get it. She had her son with her, and asked him to pick up two of the blue Indigo reusable bags for her purchase. Noble. As she was paying at the cash, the cashier was trying to make small talk. The woman cooperated halfheartedly. He wanted to tell her more about their cloth bags, but she interrupted him with a little polite but condescending laugh, stating that she already knew all about them, and how it was the right thing to do for the environment. The chitchat continued, sort of, and the woman took her magazine purchase, son in tow, and left the store, her long fur coat, swinging carelessly behind her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogs of Note

Civil disobedience is called for