Why so sour?

I'm sitting at the Second Cup in Centerpoint Mall, waiting for my wife to finish a few errands. She thankfully saved me the shopping experience. It's crowded here, and I just slid my table over to separate it from the twosome it was in so an older couple could have sitting room beside me.

The lady of the couple sat down, while he ordered the lattes. She has a small Peoples bag. When she sat, he asked her -- or rather, commented -- "You wouldn't be happy until you got that ring, would you?" I think he just got her the diamond on her left hand.

Since she's been sitting here, she's had a sour look on her face. When I moved the table over, she stared at me -- an ugly look on her face. Sheesh -- are you constipated lady? Would it hurt people to be a little more friendly to the world?

Anyway, I smiled at her -- she stared at me. (Maybe it's the goofie I'm wearing.)

On the subject of diamonds. I find out from the conversation I overhear, that she just got an anniversary ring. She commented on the number of carats the diamond has. (The important stuff.) Are diamonds that important? I don't think so. Sure it has industrial uses, but on the fingers of people? Not much use. De Beers just made the propaganda and the world embraced it -- women embraced it. But, yes, my wife does have a diamond I bought her. It's Canadian. I don't think she would have cared if it was a diamond or not, however.

And no, it's not constipation. She went to the washroom and is still a sourpus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogs of Note

Civil disobedience is called for