Outdoor Art Show

My wife and I went to the outdoor art show at the Distillery District yesterday. There were quite a few photographers, as well as the traditional artists of oils, acrylics, watercolours and jewellery. Some of the artists I was impressed enough with to pick up their business cards, were: Corrine Darvill; Julia Gilmore -- she paints everyday objects; Kathryn Boyd -- her paintings are quite stylized, and for some reason, appeals to me; Alana Machnicki -- a girl with a thing for fishes; Alisa Singh -- who seems to be influenced by fantasy, and had her faeries make me go to her booth; Getachew Fantu -- who has painted some amazing pieces; and, Michael Peech -- who had some interesting pieces. My wife and I lunched at the Brick Street Bakery, right in the Distillery District -- they make some humongous sandwiches!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blogs of Note

Civil disobedience is called for