Internet is Bad for You!

The New York Times has an article internet addiction. Estimates put internet addiction at around 10% of total surfers -- many of whom go online to further other addictions -- or already have other problems, and seek the internet out for the escape it provides. I don't know about all of this -- I believe there are people out there who are obsessives. An obsession is neither a good thing or a bad thing -- it's what you do with it. If you let your obsession take over your life to the detriment of everything else, then that could be bad. Or could it? There are obsessions where people sacrifice of themselves for non-selfish reasons. That could be good. I know that personally, I'm an information junkie -- and the internet is one way of satisfying that craving, although not the only way. I find that I crave other media as well.

What is your obsession? How do you satisfy it? And have you sought help?

Cartoon by Randy Glasbergen.

Comments

  1. My obsession is books. Any books, all books. I love to read and easily finish a book a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of mine too ... unfortunately, I buy books faster than I can read them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blogs of Note

Civil disobedience is called for