Movies

Shark Tale -- I saw this one with my wife on Sunday. It was no 'Finding Nemo' -- not by a long shot. Something was missing. It seemed too busy. Too loud. There was little connecting you the characters -- nothing endearing. I was disappointed. I think Dreamworks knew this, that's why the hyped the movie so much.
Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow -- I saw this with my youngest on Saturday. It was quite an entertaining movie. Retro-SciFi! The movie showed the future from about 50-60 years ago. The design of the technology was all retro, however, the time was mid-20th century. It's both SciFi and mystery -- and at times will come across as a cross between Dick Tracy and Flash Gordon. It carries a bit of that innocence -- when heroes always saved the day; when the good guys did work for the government; and when the bad guys were scientists that had lost their minds. I would watch it again. Heck, I would get the DVD too!
Shaun of the Dead -- I saw this with a friend from work last week Friday. That's how I kicked off my weekend -- foot still attached. This movie bears repeated watching. Part horror, part comedy and totally entertaining -- it's quirky, it's British, and, did I say funny? I was howling throughout the movie. You don't need to be a fan of horror movies to enjoy the movie, although a grasp of the archetypes of the genre does preclude the hilarity. If you want to brush up, rent some serious zombie movies first, then see Shaun of the Dead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogs of Note

Civil disobedience is called for