Redeu-ai (Red Eye)

Redeu-ai (Red Eye) is a Korean film that was released sometime in the beginning of last year. I actually watched this film completely by mistake -- I thought it was the Wes Craven movie. When the Korean dialogue came on, I knew I wasn't in Kansas anymore. Far from it, I was someplace very creepy -- which I'm not too sure Wes Craven's Red Eye would have delivered.

Redeu-ai has a very simple plot running on top of a story that at times, will seem to be going nowhere, or appear to be very confusing. Don't lose patience with it. Everything is not as it seems. The story concerns a Redeu-ai train that is on the same route as a train that crashed years before. On this anniversary night, the passengers on board -- both real, and not quite real -- will be in for a surprising ride. The night train will merge with the ghost train from the accident years ago, on a collision course to repeat the accident.

The movie is downright creepy. The music, lighting and tone combine to give a good scare without having to employ a lot of blood or violence. The story had some gaps in it, that I just didn't get -- but I blame that on what was probably lost in the translation. What was missing didn't detract from a good scary movie, however. This one comes recommended -- it'll scare you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogs of Note

Civil disobedience is called for