Hoping for change



I was at work today, having warmed up my lunch, watching the speech streaming across the internet. The video couldn't keep up, but the audio did -- so I heard, even if I couldn't watch properly. I can't imagine what it must be like for an American to listen to that speech and understand what a remarkable accomplishment it was for their country. It was an historic event, a black man being elected to govern the United States -- and it's even more powerful a statement for who the man is that was elected, and the campaign he ran. He probably had the whole world watching. Today, I'm actually jealous of the Americans. It's probably the only time I will be.

Did you watch the speech today? Where were you when it was being broadcasted? Many kept up to today's events in the US via the web, and watched the ceremonies online -- so many in fact, that internet traffic spiked. The full impact on the internet will probably not be known until the data has been analyzed. It was remarkable however, that a few minutes after the speech was completed, I was actually able to find the entire transcript on the internet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogs of Note

Civil disobedience is called for