What am I listening to?

I've no idea what I'm listening to right now, but it's pop, from south-east Asia -- maybe Tamil. My wife and I were in our favourite restaurant last week for our date night. This CD -- whatever it is -- was playing in the restaurant. The combination of the atmosphere of a familiar place, hip music -- that we didn't really understand -- good food, familiar staff that already know what we'll be drinking and just being in love, must have made the music sound really good. We remarked to the guy who was serving us that the music was good -- and I wanted to know what it was. I couldn't read the writing of course, so I asked if he could make me a copy. He said next time we were in, he'd have a copy for us.

Tonight, we arrived for our usual supper. My wife had picked up a bouquet of flowers for the Ganesha altar they have at the entrance. We were seated, ordered the karahi chicken and fish masala, and the guy who was serving us (same as last time), came out with the original CD that was playing last week, and gave it to us. Not a copy, as I was expecting -- but the CD he showed us last week. Slightly unexpected and totally cool.

So this post is to thank the guy who has been serving us for the longest time -- for the rest of the really friendly staff at the Bombay Bhel Thornhill. Thank you. We'll most likely be back next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogs of Note

Civil disobedience is called for