My Cat Before the cat we have now, I've never had a pet. My wife, and the girls have had pets before - cats. They're used to them. Every now and again, our cat, Angel, does something that just leaves me wondering - just what exactly is the little beast thinking? I was just in the washroom, and like many nights when I go to the washroom, Angel follows and stands outside of the door. Tonight, like on a few other occasions, she came with her toy mouse. First, he batted the mouse under the door in the washroom. I saw it coming in, and decided to ignore it. Angel sat patiently outside the door waiting. Eventually, she figured I just wasn't getting it. So in she reaches with one paw, grabs her mouse and takes it out under the door. Moments later, she bats it back in. This time it came in further. Again, I decided I wasn't going to play, so I ignored her. Previously when she's played this game with me, the expectation is that I would send the mouse flying back out under the door, and she would return it back in. Like a little kid, this can go on for quite some time before she decides that she's had enough. So again, she waited patiently, and when it was evident that I was just not getting it, she again reached in, pulled her mouse back out, waited a few moments, then sent it back in further. Again, I ignored it. Moments later, she reached in with her paw. She couldn't reach it this time. Her movements became frantic as she tried to get at it. She was trying different angles and couldn't get it. I had tortured her enough. I decided to play. So I kicked it out under the door. It didn't take long before she had it flying back in. We did this a few times before I had enough. When I opened the washroom door, there she was, sitting on the mat in front of the door. She looked up at me, looked down at the mouse - I could just hear her thinking, "damn!" Yes, the game was over. I went into the kitchen and made myself a cup of tea (Earl Grey). As I was leaving the kitchen, Angel is there staring up at me, the mouse hanging out of her mouth. Sorry Angel, I don't want to play anymore. She's fascinating. I wonder what she's thinking sometimes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogs of Note

Civil disobedience is called for