Film Festival Toronto has a bunch of those small theatres left, and now they're part of the endless film festivals. It seems like everywhere you turn, you can find another film festival cropping up. So I picked up the festival rag today, when I was out for brunch with the family, and what do you know? Movies -- I would be interested in a few!
  • Dion Conflict: Trailer Trash [PG] - what this is a sitting of just trailers. You should find stuff here that you'd never think you'd see again. A lot from B-Movies, independent films, etc. [Feb. 21, 9:30PM, The Royal Theatre]
  • Bubba Ho-tep - on the surface, this sounds stupid. The book is probably way better -- but I want to see, if only so I can see Bruce Campbell in a new flick. [Feb. 27-Mar. 3/Mar. 4-10, 9:30PM, The Royal Theatre]
  • Dragon Princess [14A] - Fridays at the Royal Theatre, they feature a kung fu movie from the 60s or 70s. Remember those kick ass movies? Now you can watch them just like you did back in the old days -- on really small screens! The next movie coming up is Dragon Princess. [Feb. 13, 9:45PM, The Royal Theatre]
  • Baraka [PG] - from the cinematographer of Koyaanisqatsi, comes Baraka -- I haven't seen it yet, but I saw Koyaanisqatsi years ago, and I still remember it as beautiful film. [Feb. 25, 7PM, The Royal Theatre]
  • The Last Samurai [14A] - I missed this one when it was first released, so I guess this is my second chance. [Feb. 20, 9:25PM, The Revue Cinema]
  • Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Blogs of Note

    Civil disobedience is called for