St. Jacobs My wife and I went out to St. Jacobs today -- my idea -- better than going to Midland. It was a nice and sunny day today, and spring was in the air -- not to mention the horses -- there is a Mennonite community in St. Jacobs, and horse drawn buggies use the streets -- if you get my drift. First stop was at the Stone Crock -- we wanted lunch, but were 15 minutes too early for the 11:30 lunch start, so we went shopping in their bakery. Bought an apple pie, a veggie cheese bread, some oatmeal cookies, some chelsea buns and a small jar of apple butter. I think everything is baked on site. Lunch consisted of soup, sandwich and salad for me, and salad and wrap for my wife. We finished it off with slices of pie. I was stuffed (smart ass). Then -- then -- my wife took me shopping. Yes, this was my idea. But I survived.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogs of Note

Civil disobedience is called for