WTF?

The world is filled with assholes -- and dumb people who listen to them. Apparently some asshole reported that some photos I posted on my webshots gallery were not mine. Then, the dumb people at webshots deleted my photos and sent me an email on the wonderful thing they did.
Thanks for uploading photos to Webshots.

We recently received notification that one or more of your images were uploaded in violation of U.S. copyright law, and, as required by law, we have deleted 15 image(s) from your Webshots photo albums.

If you believe this is a mistake, and you are the sole copyright owner of these photos and you can provide the appropriate documentation, please contact our Customer Support department at copyright@webshots.com.

The Webshots Terms of Use prohibit you from uploading photos that you did not take or other images that you did not create unless you have the permission of the copyright holder. The Terms of Use also prohibit you from uploading photos featuring individuals without the individuals' consent. This policy is designed to protect you from claims for copyright and/or publicity rights infringements that could result in monetary damages to you.

Thank you for your continued participation in the Webshots Community and for your prompt attention to this matter.

Below is the list of photos we removed:
dsc03887 bike ride - wtf
dsc03885 bike ride - creek
dsc03883 bike ride - creek
dsc03884 bike ride - creek
dsc03882 bike ride - creek
dsc03881 bike ride - creek
dsc03875 bike ride - flowers
dsc03877 bike ride - flowers
dsc03879 bike ride - flowers
dsc03880 bike ride - flowers
dsc03872 bike ride - flowers
dsc03874 bike ride - flowers
dsc03871 bike ride - flowers
dsc03870 bike ride - flowers
dsc03869 bike ride - flowers

Sincerely,
The Webshots Support Staff

Hey, but at least they were being sincere about it. I don't get it. Can I just randomly report copyright infringement without proof and have the webshots reactionary response of having other's photos deleted? What was offensive about the photos I posted? They were not special. Just a bunch of weeds for crying out loud. Anyway, I posted the images back. I've asked webshots for an explanation to redeem themselves. If I don't get one by the end of day today, my list of assholes will grow.

Comments

  1. Thats crazy, what proof did they have that they were not yours. Also the ask for documantation that they are yours where the hell does one get that. I host my own photos so no one can take them away (unless you count the time my hosting company dleted everything because they tried to bill my old credit card with out asking me first)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to second that WTF motion, and also, just out of curiousity, wonder who the anonymous one was who framed those pictures of yours ... did that person actually think those pictures were THEIRS or what? I happen to know where he took those pictures, and that he DID take those pictures. Someone's got a lens up their ass and nothing to do with their time if they spend their time going around looking for "plagarised pictures".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blogs of Note

Civil disobedience is called for