Beowulf & Grendel (2005)

I saw Beowulf and Grendel this past weekend with my wife. For whatever reason, this movie is not receiving a lot of attention, though it is a beautiful and well made retelling of a classic. I've never read the original -- I got introduced to the story via a comic book a long time ago. For a review from someone who knows the original however, check out aka.alias. The movie trailer can also be seen here.

Another Beowulf movie is slated for 2007 -- and I'm looking forward to seeing that one as well -- although I expect that one will be more of a Hollywood film than this outing of the story was. The reason I'm looking forward to the 2007 version is Neil Gaiman -- who's been attached as a writer to the movie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogs of Note

Civil disobedience is called for